M.D. President, Dr. Wollman has over 20 years of experience in academic medical consulting and executive search. Prior to 1987, he was Robert Dunning Dripps Professor of Anesthesiology and Professor of Pharmacology at the University of Pennsylvania, where he served in multiple leadership positions, including:
- Chair, Department of Anesthesiology
- Founding Chair, Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
- Chair, Committee on Studies Involving Human Subjects
- Chair, Medical School Space Committee
- Chair, Hospital Space Committee
- Chair, Malpractice Underwriting Subcommittee
At the University of Pennsylvania Dr. Wollman had significant National Institutes of Health support for his research, and was Principal Investigator of both Program Project Grants and Research Training Grants. From 1987-1992 he was Dean of the School of Medicine and Senior Vice President of Hahnemann University; and from 1992-1996 he served as that institution’s only University Professor.
National leadership positions have included:
- President, Society of Academic Anesthesia Chairmen
- President, Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists
- Service on National Institutes of Health and National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council Committees and Study Sections
Dr. Wollman is a graduate of Harvard College and Harvard Medical School. His internship was at the University of Chicago, and his residency in anesthesiology and fellowship in pharmacology were at the University of Pennsylvania.